The Faith Center Ministries – Sunrise, Florida
POSITION TITLE: Children and Youth Ministry Director
COMPANY: The Faith Center Ministries
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Exempt
LOCATION: 5555 NW 95th Avenue. Sunrise, FL
REPORTS TO: Dr. Brian Hankerson, COO/CFO
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to children and youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. As Director, you are responsible for setting an atmosphere where the Spirit of Excellence prevails, ensuring all planned events contribute to the spiritual growth and development of the youth ministry. The Director ensure the safety and welfare (which is top priority) of every child and team member present in the youth ministry, assuring absolute compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring the overall organization of projects and events assigned to the youth and children department. In addition, ensure the department has the appropriate resources to make the projects and events successful.
- Assist with promoting/marketing of youth and children ministry/department events and activities.
- Recruit, train and timely onboard a volunteer team to carry out the operational needs of the department.
- Training is a crucial part of any work. As Department Director, you will be expected to provide instructions and guidance to help ensure growth and development in critical areas of ministry services to all staff and volunteers.
- Review and assess the youth and children department to ensure they are meeting the Vision and Mission of the department and The Faith Center Ministries.
- Observes and evaluates ways for improving efficiency within the ministry/department.
TFC Calendar Review
- Review the approved TFC Calendar of Events with your department workers monthly to ensure they are aware of upcoming events.
- Ensure you submit your proposed calendar of events for your department for the up-coming calendar year by October 1 of each year for approval.
- Manage the weekly operations of the youth Center for services on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings and other services as needed.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare (which is top priority) of every child and team member present in the youth and children ministry.
- Responsibility to inspect the multipurpose center for health and safety hazards and have them removed immediately.
- Ensures that youth and children are highlighted for accomplishments using various platforms (lobby, online, social media, stage, etc.
- Provide methods to show children and youth effectively learning the word of God and developing Christian character and passion to fulfill their dreams.
- Ensures that the proper materials needed to do a job are available to those expected to carry out that task.
- Ensure the best learning platform is being used to teach all age groups the word and develop a plan to ensure the word is instilled in them.
- All accidents and incidents must be reported to TFC management, and an incident report completed.
- Responsible for checking materials against the “classroom checklist.” All furniture and materials must be maintained in its original condition.
- Responsible for setting an atmosphere where the Spirit of Excellence prevails. If a procedure does not produce excellence, the Director should take note of where the breakdown is occurring and develop a probable solution(s).
- Ensures that the prescribed processing (see Financial Procedures) of all monies and reports are accurate.
- Make unannounced visits to the classrooms to ensure that only the authorized curriculum is being taught and quality information is being disseminated.
- Ensure that the training received by new teachers has been completed. Teachers should be familiar with the policies of the church as well as the methods used to teach and maintain order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an advocate for youth and children and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth and children ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Create an effective platform for parent engagement.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth and children ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work in all areas of youth and children ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and coverage ratios.
- Coordinate Sunday curriculum for children and youth (grades 1-12) and recruit teachers.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth and children ministry settings.
- Must be active participate in other church activities.
- Ensure that a functioning reading and tutoring program is in place and properly assessed.
- Develop a fine arts program, where children and youth can participate in music, choir, dance, and other fine arts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in working with youth and children in a structured learning environment
- Maintains an outgoing and positive attitude with students.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the faith and leads by example in his or her personal life.
- Must be a good listener and strong public speaker, with ability to effectively educate and preach the church’s religious message.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Collaborates well with individuals of all age groups.
- Demonstrates ability to connect with students, earning their respect and trust.
- Must be creative and innovative, designing new and entertaining ways for students to learn what it means to live a life according to their faith values.
- Must have ability to organize, supervise, and lead a large group of students at one time.
- Must be an active participant in other church activities.
- Strong writing skills
- Able to work flexible hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday – 9:00am – 3:00pm and 6:30pm until the conclusion of evening service
Sunday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
The Faith Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have questions, please call (954) 742-7832
Other Job Opportunities
The Faith Center has identified employment resources to assist in finding you new career opportunities. Click the links below for detail:
- University of Fort Lauderdale Career Center
- Broward Jobs
- Kelly Education Jobs
- CareerSource Florida
- CareerSource Broward
- Unemployment Help
- Glassdoor Jobs
- Simply Hired
- DGarrick Construction Group Inc.
- Government Jobs
- City of Sunrise